Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Re: I'm thinking about getting a liner, but I'm still not sure.

I think liners are the best and easiest bedding for hedgies. Good luck if you decide to use them!

1. I change mine every 3-4 days and wash them every 2 weeks. (Have a hamper dirty ones go in til then)

2. White fleece would be great. Fleece in light colors are best IMO.

3. If you cut fleece squares 2" by 2" and put them in the igloo/hidey place, he can burrow in those.

4. Don't know any better way, I shake them off outside and toss them in their own load, with vinegar.

5. Dunno, never have done that.

:)

·
Registered
5,136 Posts

Also, it's usually very difficult to use liners unless your hedgie is litter trained
Why would there be a problem with a hedgie who doesn't use a litter box, using a liner? Mine has never used a litter box and I've never found anything difficult about them. The poop you just shake off. Majority of hedgies aren't litter trained, and many people use liners, so I'm not sure what the problem would be?

·
Registered
5,136 Posts

I actually just use one layer- a piece of fleece cut to the size of the cage. Sometimes I fold it so it is double, but usually it's just one. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.