Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my Hedgehog runs around her cage,, as if she has unlimited energy,, thus causing her to loose weight,, how can i stop her from doing this?

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
You could try a food/foods with a higher amount of fat to help keep the weight on.
Also maybe you could give a few extra mealies at treat time.
Just curious does she have a wheel in her cage?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
To add to Larry's question about having a wheel...

What food is she currently on?
What's her usual intake of food?
Do you feed her mealworms?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she doesnt have a wheel in her cage,, she just runs around with all 4 corners of her cage,, like in a marathon,,

she is eating IAMS catfood and i give her superworms,,

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
It doesn't have to do with her activity, but I noticed you are feeding her IAMS... if possible it'd be great to switch her to a better food. IAMS is nasty stuff.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i see,, because here in the Philippines,, almost all hedgehogs are fed with IAMS,, other brands are expensive,,

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Are you able to list any of the brands available where you live? We might be able to help you choose a better one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the other brand here available are much worse than IAMS,, dont bother though,, all my hedgies are eating IAMS and all are great,, except my hyperactive one,, maybe she just want to be noticed,, ^^

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Yes, but the thing with poor quality food is that it seems like it's okay, but they have to eat twice as much to get the same amount of nutrients, and the artificial additives and preservatives have been linked to cancer. Overall it really is much less healthy than a better food. I think you'd see a difference if you fed something else...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well almost other all,, because it hard to find the better food here,, it is almost RARE,, vet clinics here only have IAMS,, whiskas,, friskies,,

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Yikes! I'm sorry you have such nasty foods to choose from! I'll admit Iams is probably better than the other two. :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts