Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Like I said in one of my other posts Hufflepuff came to me on December 4th her birth date is Oct 31, 2011. I got a scale on Christmas for her and she weighed in at 710g. I have been changing her food slowly from Nutrience Adult Original Cat food for 1+ years 30.0% crude protein min. 20.0% Crude fat min. to Chicken Soup for the Cat lovers Soul the adult light I stated to switch on the 17th we are now giving her about 24 pieces of the chicken soup stuff and the rest of is the old stuff to make up 2 table spoons. I weighed her tonight and she weighs in at 704g :D
Dec, 25 710g
Dec, 30 704g

On a side note I have noticed some of her hairs (the ones on her underside) are starting to fall off i am seeing about 5-10 in her cage over the passed 5 Days should i be worried about this :?: :?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think they can gain and loose weight very quickly. I would not worry about the loss of a few hairs. That could just be due to a change in temperature. Of course if she starts loosing hair to the point that she looks bare, then that is a problem.
My hedgehog gained 100 grams in 3 weeks! Anyway, just make sure you are weighing her about the same time each day and make sure it is after she pooped.
Good luck,
Susan H.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts