Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My name is Emily and I joined this site recently to get all of the information I can get before I become I new hedgie owner!

A little bit about myself:
My name is Emily(as already stated) and I live in Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA. I have 4 dogs, 2 cats, and 4 gerbils.
I have been an avid animal lover for the majority of my life, and I'm super excited to get my new hedgie.

The lady (Cathy) that I will be purchasing my baby from is also a member here and was the one who told me to come here for information on getting a hedgie. So kutos to her!

Hope ya'll can help me out with the process of getting my new baby, and I'll be sure to give you all pics and updates!

-Emily

PS: if you have any info at all that is a MUST for me to know before I get a hedgie, please feel free to tell me!
-Emily

·
Registered
902 Posts
Welcome!! Good for you for researching before you get your new baby. This is a great one-stop source for information. I would recommend peeking at Cage Setups, its fun to see the different layouts of cages and get ideas on how you would like yours to look and function. I still tweak mine every now and then. Definitely read about their heat requirements to get that squared away if you haven't already. Its an important part of their health and happiness.

I have four dogs as well, but the hedgehogs have stolen my heart now so I'm not sure I will have more dogs in the future. (I love my pack but they are quite the handful) I also like that the hedgies don't give me the sad-puppy-dog eyes when I put them back in their houses.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, no kidding! The puppy dog eyes are the worst!

Well, the lady who I've been talking to about purchaing a hedgie said that she offers a cage setup for sale as well, so I was looking into that because it's a pretty nice setup.

And I have heard and read a lot about this heating stuff, and keeping them warm. It gets rather cold here in Oklahoma, and I wouldn't want my little baby to pass because he/she was too cold. How do you keep them warm? Is it very costly?
I know the questions may sound dumb to the hedgie novice, but I'm just learning!!
Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Howdy! I just got my quillbaby from Cathy last weekend! She has the sweetest hedgehogs! We had no trouble bonding with Rocky. He likes to curl up on the back of my neck in my hair and ride around while I do things around the house! Now my best fried is thinking of getting for Christmas herself. They are my new favorite pet...and I've had sugar gliders, ferrets, and other exotics.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh really? That's so great to hear from someone who has purchased from Cathy. From my perspective she seems like a very dedicated breeder, which is just what I was looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts