Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rearanged Holi's cage today. I wish I could post pics, but, I'm, havin trouble. :?
Anyway, here was her set-up before.....her main cage with her sleepin house, litter box (which she used), her food and water. Then a tunel connected another cage with her wheel(the flyin saucer) another sleepin hut and a small little thing of food & water. The deal is.. she was always stayin in the part with her wheel was and not usin her litter box. I dont even think she was even goin to the other part. There was never no food gone, and her litter box had no poop!! So, I changed it around a little and put food and water only in one part with her house. And the other cage is now holdin the wheel and litter box.
I'm now concerned that she wont know where her food is!! I put some mealies in both parts of the cage and I'm hopein she will beable to find it. At first I thought she was havin trouble gettin thru the tunel. But, I have seen her go thru it all the way.
Any thoughts from the Hedgie experts out there?? I have only had her a week.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
She will get it :D .
I use two plastic bins for my cage..in one bin there is the food and water in the other bin the wheel with a litter pan under it filled with yesterdays news and a hi corner litter pan in the corner.I never put the food&water in the same bin as the wheel&litter pans lol thats like eating in the bathroom.I use a attached cooler for sleeping quarters.
Here is a pic and i just couldn't help myself so here is two pics of wanda :D
[attachment=2:8zapm97t]liner.jpg[/attachment:8zapm97t]

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Aw Larry Wanda is gorgeous :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wanda's so cute....

The hedgie will figure it out. They have good sniffers.

Now the litter box, she may never want to use it. Ender has used his maybe twice since I got him? The rest of the time it is in or around the wheel. He mainly plays or sits and sleeps in the litterbox.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yea I wouldnt worry about it at all, they are animals after all, she will find it eventually, probably after she figures out "uhhh wheres my foot at???" when shes hungry haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts