Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently feed decaf royal canin kitty, but i'm going to switch it to a mix in a few months and was wondering how to store it... i brought a air tight container to keep the mix fresh since it will last a LONG time... so how do you store it??????

·
Registered
581 Posts
we havent really mixed it all together since they may go on strike from a certain food from time to time, just add some from each type to their dish and stir each night.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
I also don't mix all of the foods together, I add a certain number of kibble of each food each night. The Wellness bag is resealable, so it stays in it's original bag. I'm using one of those clear/off-white plastic gallon ice cream containers to store the Solid Gold, and I'm using a plastic kitty litter bin (one of the rectangular shaped containers) to store the Natural Balance. Cheap storage containers, and they both work very well.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Here I keep all Inky's foods in airtight plastic jars. I have a jar for his regular mix, and then some foods I store separately because I count their kibble separately.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was plaining on keeping solid gold & wellness together in the bin, then i also ordered spikes delight, but i'm not adding it to the bin. but i do have a question? how much of spikes do i add in his dish? and should i add it each night?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I 'double bag' mine. I put the mix in a gallon-size Zip-Loc bag, then put that bag along with a handful of rice as a desiccant (moisture reducer) into the bag that the food originally came in. Then that bag goes into the veggie drawer of my refrigerator.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
debyc08 said:
i was plaining on keeping solid gold & wellness together in the bin, then i also ordered spikes delight, but i'm not adding it to the bin. but i do have a question? how much of spikes do i add in his dish? and should i add it each night?
Spikes is usually used as a "junk food", since it's not as good as some of the cat foods, but it's the healthiest of the hedgehog foods available. When I was using it in Lily's mix, I did equal parts of Wellness and GP&D, and did twice as much of those as I did Solid Gold and Spikes. So I did 25 kibble of each Wellness and GP&D, and about 10 of each Solid Gold and Spikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts