Hedgehog Central banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how to tell if bessies pregnant? i dont get why shes so fat because she deosent eat that much at all.she sleeps all the time.when i was takeing her for a bath and her nipples where much bigger.the last owner i got her from had a boy hedgehog so i dont know if they where ever together? and her belly has gotten bigger.she never uses her wheel.maybe thats why she was free?

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you think she's pregnant you should probably take her to the vet ASAP so you don't get a surprise litter that you have no clue what to do with . That way you will know FOR SURE if she's pregnant or just stressed/upset.

Please remember that you JUST got her. She's not going to look thin anytime soon-- you really need to give it some time.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im really scared for her!! ive herd that she could die if she is pregnant :cry: Im soooooo worried!! :cry: :cry: :cry: do you think shes pregnant??

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't know.

Make her an appointment at the vet ASAP. It's the only way you'll rest easy and be 99.9% certain that she is OK.

·
Registered
412 Posts
They will inform you on your options. There's a lot of posts floating around HHC about pregnancies, both planned and unplanned.

And hedgehogs in general are expensive. They're considered EXOTIC and require a lot of special care/equipment. X-Rays for human's are expensive too!

Have you taken her to a vet since you rescued her?

·
Registered
412 Posts
So?

That doesn't mean she is.

It also doesn't mean that she didn't get sick between when you got her and now.

She's a RESCUE and needs to be treated like one.

·
Registered
412 Posts
You need to take her to a vet. ASAP. I don't know what more you want me to say about the subject. If you "rescued" her, she should been taken ANYWAY regardless of her being overweight/pregnant/underweight/inactive. Even if she was the perfect size with the perfect demeanor, she still needs to be checked out, mostly because you, yourself, personally, do not know anything about that particular hedgie or that hedgie's history because you have not witnessed it you, yourself, personally-- hedgies are EXTREMELY good at hiding illness.

You also may be very well getting yourself worked up for no reason.

Look at the other posts and threads on this forum about pregnancy. I only have males, so I can't really help you, other than repeat what people have already posted about the subject.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i need someone to help me that really knows about pregnant hedgies like a breeder!!
i am going to take her to the vets but first i need to here more info.

·
Registered
52 Posts
No buts. Take her to the vet and find out! Stop messing around and RESEARCH pregnancies! Just look here and CnQ, there is a ton of info about pregnancies! You have to be prepared. NO BUTS!

·
Registered
412 Posts
It's a TON of help if you use that little "search" button at the top of the page. There's so much information on this (and CNQ's) site about pregnancy that it's unfair to expect people to repeat everything that's been written about it.

Also search for pregnancy in the archives of HHC.

TONS of information!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
then they must have just fixed it because if you look up CnQ on HHC you will see people have had a problem with there site being expired.

·
Registered
475 Posts
laurennicole said:
WOW this site is no help. :roll:
There is plenty of help and advice that has been given to you. A breeder is not going to know for sure whether your hedgie is pregnant. You need to take the advice given, and get her to a vet for a diagnosis. If she's pregnant, then it might be in your best interest to find someone (locally) with more experience, that would be willing to help you through this situation. If she is not pregnant, then the Vet can give you further advice on what to do to take care of her properly.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.