Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I'm Liv and I really want a hedgie. I've been wanting one for a few weeks and researching like crazy. I don't see why my mom doesn't want me to have one, we have three dogs and I take great care of mine. She isn't against small pets either, over the years we have had chickens, hamsters, fish, and hermit crabs. I am responsible too. It depends on her mood if she wants one or not, honestly. I was talking about them a few days ago and she freaked out on me, but a few hours later it was like she was reconsidering. So far my plan is to save up for a few months worth of food, tons of supplies and a vet fund. I already have a few hundred but I am planning on getting more. After that, I was going to make a nice, big, C&C cage. Finally, I'll make a PowerPoint about how a hedgehog will fit perfectly into our schedule,( because it will!) what they eat, the room temperature, that stuff. I have already found a vet who takes hedgehogs and a breeder.If anyone has any tips or things I have overlooked, I would love to here them. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think a PP Presentation is darned exceptional.
Give it time though, she may have some really good reasons to not want to add another pet to the household right now. Maybe she just doesn't want the extra responsibility, and even if you *say* you'll take care of the new pet, it is still her ultimate responsibility as the parent to make sure it gets taken care of.
Parents house, parents rules.
Keep up your research, keep up your study of hedgehogs. Even if she never changes her mind, when you are older and on your own, you'll be prepared.
And don't hound her about it. If I hounded my parents, it was a sure way to get a solid and final "No". And I would be the very same way if I had 2 legged kids :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
When I wanted a hedgehog, I made a power point to try and convince my parents. Of corse at the time, our guinea pigs gad recently passed away, and we all felt we needed something to fill the gap. So I did a ton of research, made a power point and saved up my money. And found loads of hedgehogs on kijiji, at the time I didn't know about breeders. I showed my mom one that I really wanted and she contacted them and we organized a day and time and that day we went over to pick her up.

As mentioned above, your mom may not think it's a good time for another pet, but there's still a chance that if you do your research and save up your own money, your mom will agree

Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts