Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
You can search youtube for a video otherwise as you've been directed before there's two or more topics on how to in the health forum :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing a close up pic of trimmed nails vs needs to be trimmed nails too.
Today I gave Hazel her first foot bath (OMG LOL!) and while doing so was able to trim the nails on one front foot YAAAY! :) She won't let me see the back ones yet...I watched some videos and such but you can't get a real good look.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Don't cut the part that looks pink, the "quick", is where the blood vessels are. It hurts to cut the quick. It's easy to see them if you pick up the feet and see the back of the nails. I sloooowly cut the nail because if it starts to hurt, my hedge shakes her foot a little with the pain. So I move the nail clippers a little more out and if she doesn't shake her foot, then it doesn't hurt her.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My hedgehog does that too, shakes his leg if it hurts. If you have problems clipping the back still, my hedgehog like the cover his face when I am clipping the back. I put a washcloth over his face and he becomes calm and I can clip his back feet easier. If it is still a problem, you can always have a nail filer and file there nails, my hedgie has his front feet filed all the time and his back legs are easier.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for helping and explaining the "quick". (that's a weird name!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts