Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still new at this, I;ve had my baby almost 2 weeks now. I was giving her 2 tablespoons of spikes delight a night, and the past 2 nights its just gone, and before there was always a little left over.

So what is the right amount? I dont want to starve her, or over feed her.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Most free feed their hedgies. The amount of running they do on their wheels is usually enough to keep them fit.

Also, with babies, they eat A LOT. From when I got my baby, till he was over 3 months, he finished an entire bowl of food(small dollar shop ceramic bowls) and he slowly ate less as he grew.

Slowly, you may also want to add 1 or 2 quality cat foods from Reaper's list, though you can keep the Spikes if you wish.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, yea the first few days she dident eat much, I figured she was still making herself at home. But now i see she wants more and I'll give her more. And yes I was thinking about mixing in some cat food, I just know this is what the other place was feeding her, so I wanted her to feel at home before I slowly start changing her food.

·
Registered
581 Posts
try 3 tbsps...if there is a bunch left in the morning, try 2 1/2...should always be a little more than they normally eat, this way if they get a little hungrier one night there will be enough there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts