Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought everything -almost- for my hedgie. I haven't gotten him/her yet, so that will be another $200ish, but I don't mind :D

So far I've spent just over $700 on the C&C cage, liners, food, water dishes, treat dish, food dish, toys, bed, igloo, igloo cover, CSW, tunnels, heating system and travel cage.

Cage: $150
Liners: $60
Food: $35
Dishes: $30
Toys: $20-30
Suede Bed: $45 (I know, $45 for a little bed... :roll: )
Igloo: $10
Igloo Fleece Cover: $30
Digbox Igloo: $15
CSWheel: $55
Tunnel: $15
Tunnel to connect loft: $25
Heating System: $200
Travel Cage: $25

Good thing s/he has a big cage... :roll: Everything's in the cage, and there's still lots of room :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Waaaaaaaaay more than I care to admit :lol:

·
Registered
396 Posts
if i added it up, i would probably pass out. i have 2 sets of cages...that's about $1,200 right there. & the carriers. & all the food & treats & BPA-free containers i keep them in. flax oil, probiotics, houses, blankies of every imaginable sort...i must have at least 150...towels for the bath...tons of emergency supplies...toys they won't use....2 scales...2 CHE set ups...i can't even begin to think of everything & god knows i could have bought a decent used car for the price of all of it. :shock:

& i wouldn't change a thing!

·
Registered
583 Posts
... $150 for a C&C cage? Where the heck did you by that coroplast? XD

Sherlock has probably cost me... let's see...
Cage: $35
liners and snuggle bags: Probably about $100. I have TONS of liners - working at a fabric store I really stocked up.
wheel: $40ish?
igloo: eh, $10? (and he NEVER USES IT)
CHE, thermostat, and lamp: about $70
thermometer: $10

I have a new cage coming (so I can house Sherlock and my new baby!) that was $120

Everything else, food bowls, lamp, timer, heater, etc, I already had. So that's about $265... with other miscelaneous costs and items I'd say about $400

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NoDivision said:
... $150 for a C&C cage? Where the heck did you by that coroplast? XD
I bought clear plastic to use as coroplast instead, I wanted to be able to see him/her through it ;) I was... :roll: ...$60... :shock:

And the cage is 45 x 30 with a 30 x 14 loft. I had to buy 4 packs of cubes... I needed 45 grids.

·
Registered
583 Posts
but if the plastic was $60, that still means that the 'cage' part was $90? I just don't understand XD

edit: ..four packs? *blinks* can I see your cage? I cannot picture this monster!

·
Registered
125 Posts
:shock:

I paid 50$ for Annabelle's adoption fee and I got (literally) everything for her!

But since then we've slowly been upgrading

New (to me) cage: free my roomie
new bowls: 6$
tubes: 8$
fleece: 9$
pigloo: 12$
flax oil: 10$
CSBW: 35$.. present from hedgie daddy :D

And soon to be building a C&C cage, so anywhere between 20-40$ aaaaaand then that dang CHE that's going to cost over 100$ :twisted:

And then probably about 50$ for litter, food and worms :)

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Oh jeeze, let's see if I can remember it all...

Initial cage: $5
First C&C cage: $45 (coroplast was free, just paid for the grids and zipties)
C&C cage upgrade: $65 (paid for coroplast this time, and bought two more packs of grids and more zipties)
Heating pad: $10
Pigloo: $15
CHE set up: $70? (I don't actually remember how much I paid for it...Bought it used from another member on the forum here)
Second CHE & lamp: $50
Thermometers: $25
Comfort Wheel: $20
Litter box: $15 (that we never used anyway!)
Food dishes: $5
Ceramic tile: $2
Cakewalk Supreme wheel: $80
Carolina Storm Bucket Wheel: $70? (Again, don't remember how much I paid for it...)
Liners: $70? (I've completely lost track...I know there was about $40 spent on this last round of buying fleece to make some)
Scale: $20
Paper towel: Who knows anymore? :lol:

And I have no clue for food costs or water, since I buy bottled. I've also had Lily for three years this August, so a lot of these costs have been spread out through that time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts