Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of setting up my cage and it is 4ft x 2ft. I'm going to use ceramic heat emitter bulbs. Should I just use one heat emitter or two?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I find it depends entirely on where you live and the style of cage. I have 3 hedgehogs. My girls are in a double critter nation that has insulation around it to help keep warmth in. They do just fine with one CHE each. My boy lives in a large wire cage set up. He has two CHEs and a blanket on the front of his cage in colder months to keep warmth in. I live in New England though where it gets very cold at night. I found the best way to determine what each of them needs it to set the cage up a few days prior to their arrival and monitor the cage temps. Then you can alter things as needed without putting your baby in danger of getting too cold.

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
522 Posts
I just use one, pointed at my hedgie's sleeping area. But if the room they will be in is super cold, then maybe two would be best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts