Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
I feed my hedgehogs on their "morning" once a day.

Hedgehogs can be fat very fast and you have to be carful to not give to much of food. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I free feed all of ours and always have and out of all those hedgehogs, have only had 2 that would be considered overweight. One came to me obese and the other is just an all round big gal. She never lost all the weight between litters.

·
Registered
150 Posts
wow thats alot of hedgies :eek: thats pretty cool but they must be alot of money and work. I have enough work just keeping Bruno. He is a little rascle :D Do you take um out at different times? or do you have tons of exercise pens? Thats really cool! :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
just a question about free feedings, what if your a kid that owns a hedgie and you cant feed them while your at school, do you just feed them twice once in the morning, and once at night?

·
Administrator
3,585 Posts
Kean, your question can apply to anyone... people who have to leave to go to work, school, etc. For my hedgehogs, I usually only have to feed them once a day. If they eat it all at night, I'll add a little more in the morning. One of my hedgehogs does get up during the day for a snack during the day, and the other never leaves her snuggle bag.

·
Administrator
3,585 Posts
I've had a few that would get up 3-4 times as well. Each hedgehog is very different in what they do and what they like.... which is why you see most of my answers in some form of "it just depends on the hedgehog." It also is one of the reasons I fell so much in love with these little guys. They have a ton of personality, and so much variety. It can teach you to be patient and sometimes to be creative.

·
Registered
150 Posts
my hedgie sleeps through the whole day rarely seen out of his igloo. Bruno taught me alot of patience though..like i have him out and he sleeps the whole time. then when I put him back in his cage, he is up and going in a few minutes. That can be irritating to me! But then he looks at me with his cute little face and I forget all about it! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts