Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my C&C cage! Walls are 10" high, just got our heat lamp today so will be setting that up tonight and I also just ordered a Carolina Storm Bucket wheel since the one I got for him JUST fits for his little 8 week old body but he will soon be outgrowing it :)
Do you guys suggest I do fleece instead of the bedding? It is recycled paper kind from PetSmart (like CareFresh). He doesn't seem to mind it but we are working on litter training right now ;)
Anything else I should add/take away? Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just finished my C&C cage! Walls are 10" high, just got our heat lamp today so will be setting that up tonight and I also just ordered a Carolina Storm Bucket wheel since the one I got for him JUST fits for his little 8 week old body but he will soon be outgrowing it :)
Do you guys suggest I do fleece instead of the bedding? It is recycled paper kind from PetSmart (like CareFresh). He doesn't seem to mind it but we are working on litter training right now ;)
Anything else I should add/take away? Thanks!!
I like your walls, what is it? I think it looks good, I am just setting mine up too, havent picked up my little guy yet. I ordered the bucket wheel as well, but we are doing fleece. Seems warmer and cute too! Do you have lighting for him? 12 hrs on and 12 hours off I read. Where did you get your food dishes?

·
Registered
132 Posts
The wheel looks extremely small compared to the igloo. :/ And I recomend if possible using a diferent wheel. This may not happen to your hedgehog if you trim the nails short enough, but there was once a post on someones hedgehog's nail being ripped off by the crack inbetween the two colors (ex. blue and the white) and in the morning the wheel was all bloody. But if you do plan to use the silent spinner ( I think it is called) I would get atleast an 11 inch wheel and trimming your hedgehogs nails. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like your walls, what is it? I think it looks good, I am just setting mine up too, havent picked up my little guy yet. I ordered the bucket wheel as well, but we are doing fleece. Seems warmer and cute too! Do you have lighting for him? 12 hrs on and 12 hours off I read. Where did you get your food dishes?
The walls are actually black coroplast I got from a local sign shop. I have a feeling I'll switch to fleece eventually :)
And yes, we have sufficient light in this room during the day and dark at night! Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts