Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprise litter!! I see everyone say not to peek or check or anything she is a first time mom of 7 babies and I feel completely helpless. What if she can’t care for them all do I peek to see they are ok? Alive? Not even sure if I would know what one that wasn't would look like

·
Registered
12 Posts
Watch the hedgehogs, watch them eat, you can see how weak and hungry the hedgehogs are. You can feed him. To do this, you can buy baby food for kittens (the mixture is similar to normal human baby food). I would recommend taking the Royal Canin.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The babies are still young enough to feed on their mom right? If so, you don't have to worry about feeding them. If not, you can offer some wet kitten food, Blue Buffalo is a good brand as well. You can take back the cover/ blanket that is covering them about once a day to check on babies to make sure they are ok.

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,053 Posts
How old are the hoglets?
From 2 weeks you can check them.
Have you read the emergency baby advice thread? If not have a read if that it will help you a lot on what to do!

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,053 Posts
Until they are 14 days old you should only really do food and water and try not to disturb or even clean the cage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts