Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm thinking it's time I upgrade from a store bought cage, and get a cage that's bigger, so the thing is I don't exactly have room for something huge, and I know there's no way I'd be able to get a Ferret Nation, so I decided, I would be able to get over twice the size of Aiko's current cage, if I make him a two story cage, made out of two 116 quart bins, I already have the whole design planned out, that was the easy part, but now, I'm not entirely sure how to properly set it up, the only things I really need to know are how to properly ventilate it, I know to use as blow dryer to warm the plastic before drilling holes into it, to prevent it from cracking, but how many holes will I need? The other thing I need to know is how to properly cut holes into the plastic without ruining it, and without having jagged edges, other then those things, I'm set.

Oh and also, would I be able to use a ceramic heater without melting it?

Thanks in advanced. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
well on the HHC non forum part there is instructions for a bin cage but its for two bins on ground level cage, i believe you put a few ventilation holse on each side of both bins, plus the metal screeing on the top of the lid......as for the space heater i think you put it on a box right beside the cage with the heater facing directly to the bins :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts