Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i got her this wheel and i've tried puting her inside it, luring her, but nothing seems to work :( :( :( :( help!

PS: Hi, Piojillo, i'm new
PSS:Also, She's not yet very social, any tips on making her accustomed to me?

·
Registered
172 Posts
piojillo said:
Well, i got her this wheel and i've tried puting her inside it, luring her, but nothing seems to work :( :( :( :( help!
First, the wheel may take some time, some never touch it period, its not something that every hedgehog does. One thing I suggest is maybe putting a treat on it, like a mealie or something... Though I don't know if this will work, my hedgehog is the opposite, getting off the wheel is the problem lol!
piojillo said:
PS: Hi, Piojillo, i'm new
PSS:Also, She's not yet very social, any tips on making her accustomed to me?
For your hedgehog to get more accustomed to you, put a t-shirt over you hedgehog's house that way it gets to learn what you smell like, since hedgehogs really don't have good vision and mostly use their scent of smell for telling who is who and what not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dont actually know if it helped with Julius or not, but he wouldnt touch his Flying Saucer, and actually seemed afraid of it. But I put him in my lap one evening, and we watched videos on YouTube of hedgehogs running in their wheels, and that same night, Julius ran on his wheel for the first time. Co-incidence, or helpful insight for a confused hedgehog? I will never know, but it cant hurt to try! :-D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts