Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Odd question I know but I was having a horrible morning and my nose was bleeding badly. After it stopped I went to sleep with some of the blood stuck under my finger nails (some of its still there now even though Ive washed my hands a few times). I went to pick Prick up and he was hissing more then normal. Im wondering if the scent of blood upset him.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I had blood on my hand once and didn't realize it, my Zeek found it and started to anoint with it.

Nancy said:
I think the only one of mine to ever experience my blood was Quillson and his reaction was to bite harder. :shock: :lol:
Ouch to that!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nancy said:
I think the only one of mine to ever experience my blood was Quillson and his reaction was to bite harder. :shock: :lol:
Prick did that last night only he nibbled a bit to hard. He didnt draw blood thankfully.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Litch said:
Nancy said:
Prick did that last night only he nibbled a bit to hard. He didn't draw blood thankfully.
In Quillson's eyes, I deserved everything I got. He has foot issues and gets bony growths on his feet. These growths often get irritated and when he runs on his wheel he gets poop into the sores. After having to have a toe and part of a toe amputated because of infection, I started giving him foot baths daily. Quillson hated the foot baths and got worse as time went on. He actively sought out my skin to bite and of course I was always on guard and kept fingers away from his mouth.

One night after his bath I was putting him back in his cage and dropped my guard for one second and he had me right below my thumb. He bit and wiggled his teeth and I held as still as possible but he would not let go. My blood was running out of his mouth and still he held on and wiggled his jaws back and forth. Quillson was an expert at knowing how to make it hurt the most. I swear he sharpened his teeth nightly. :lol: Finally, I had to take him back to the sink and dunk him to get him to let me go.

After that night I had a chat with him and told him we had to find a solution. The solution ended up being putting him on shavings. For some reason, the the bony growths on his feet do not get irritated when he walks on shavings. The nightly baths have ended and I no longer get bit. I can even give him an occasional bath and my fingers are no longer in danger. :lol:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yeah... hedgies aren't exactly Tsavo lions...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts