Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got to thinking about cage size and was wondering if a cage can be too big? I understand about cleaning and liners, and there was ample space for a cage, can it be too big? I'm guessing it would have to be a c&c cage, too. :?:
...my randomness.. :roll: ....hahaha

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I would guess that it can't be too big. I guess it would depend on how big the cage is. How big is it?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thanks, just curious. I don't have a hedgie yet, so no cage.
I had this crazy idea of a hedgehog mansion in a like a 10x10 room [all to its own, heated properly] with c&c cage walls everywhere and fleece drapings, like a castle! :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
That sounds intense! Hahaha.Well, I think that if you properly heat it and everything, your future hedgehog would really enjoy that!!!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha Yeah it was! :lol: But I don't think that big of a cage would be feasible for anyone, it would be awesome though!

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
You might find that if your hedgie has that much space to roam, it might get less social with you- that's the effect I've gotten from giving mice or rats far more room than is generally accepted for one, they get more wild.

Not saying that would for-sure happen, but just a thought.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never thought of it in that way, thanks LG! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow, I never thought of that either! If you have a room that big, maybe you could just have the cage in one corner and then have the rest for play-time. That way he could still roam and stuff.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, I wish I had a separate room. No castle for me. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts