Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holly passed today. I am just happy that she is out of her pain as she was doing very poorly and I had a euthanasia appointment for May 13th. She is now outside in her favorite blanket. She loves being outside :) I'm not super sad which is weird but I think it's because I knew she was going to die and now she is happy again in heaven. I'll see her someday <3
So much love from me to all of you beautiful people :)

Rat Whiskers Pest Rodent Hamster
Hedgehog Erinaceidae Domesticated hedgehog Snout Natural material
Hedgehog Erinaceidae Head Domesticated hedgehog Eye

Hedgehog Erinaceidae Domesticated hedgehog Eye Rodent
Hedgehog Domesticated hedgehog Erinaceidae Fawn Terrestrial animal
Hedgehog Hair Erinaceidae Head Domesticated hedgehog
Rodent Domesticated hedgehog Rat Fawn Whiskers
Carnivore Whiskers Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout
Cat Carnivore Felidae Sleeve Small to medium-sized cats
Hedgehog Erinaceidae Domesticated hedgehog Rodent Organism

·
Administrator
3,804 Posts
Good bye sweet Holly. I know you were loved by your human and will be missed.

She is a very pretty girl and i know she went through a lot. While you may not be super sad right now, don't be surprised if it doesn't come later after the 'shock' wanes. Even when we know its going to happen and that we did all that we could for them, it still hurts and your routine for caring for her is now broken. Take care of yourself, and stick around here if it helps.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I am truly sorry for the change in your life as lovely Holly moves on to her new life. So much love,caring, and respect you showed for her as you meticulously met her needs as her health declined. Your priority is clearly thinking about Holly's happiness and freedom from pain; remember to allow yourself to grieve in your own way and time frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts