Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Found blood in Hitch's pen this evening; we are thinking it's from a nail that was cut short a few days ago but we are keeping an active eye on the little guy. I took a few shots of the blood in the bottom of the pen and on his fleece. Just sharing the pictures for everyones information.

http://www.rickthechemist.com/hitch2/

Cheers,

R.

·
Registered
754 Posts
It is probably from the toe, but may not be. Try to find where the blood is from. Put polysporin on the injury. DO NOT USE EXTRA STRENGTH!

·
Registered
516 Posts
I hope the little guy is alright. He might have caught the toe on something else in the cage. I know that kind of thing happens to me all the time at work. >_<

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He seems fine this morning. We changed his fleece in his tent to strip of fleece to avoid him digging. We tried last night to tag the source of the blood but no luck. He did not run much last night and therefore we did not see anything in his wheel this morning.

We are still on the lookout for blood thou.. going to try and pick up some white fleece today hopefully..

S.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Have you tried giving him a foot bath so you can actually see his feet clearly and free of dirt? Even clean, you should be able to see some sort of reddish or pink mark. Because if it's not on his foot, then you'll have to pinpoint where exactly he is bleeding from.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We did give him a nice foot bath last night and we did not see anything. We are thinking it's from under a nail or at the junction of a nail with the toe...

There is no other sources that we could see. We checked most of his underside and his body to see if there were any other areas and we found nothing.

R..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts