Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm working on Charlotte's diet and have been trying to find high quality foods to put her on. I've looked at the list from Reaper and researched other foods as well. Right now she's on CSFTCLS lite and innova lite.

My big question is...what's the verdict on corn in their foods? I feed my cats and dogs food without corn since it can mold easily and is just a low quality filler. After seeing how well they do on food without corn and other cheap fillers in it, I can't imagine putting them on anything less and also cannot call food with corn in the first ingredients "high quality".

As I look through the list of foods, many of them have corn in them, and many as the first three ingredients...meaning there's a decent amount of filler in the food. Does anyone have an opinion or research on feeding hedgies food with corn?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
The Wellness Indoor thats in my mix doesn't have corn in it and it has been working out really great. I noticed too that when my hedgie eats it that the kibble is crunchy but isn't too hard.

I wondered the same thing because it seems like corn can cause lots of allergies so Im interested too in what the verdict is on corn in the food :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts