Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Joey! I am sorry this happened, you must be very scared. But it's good you realized and acted on it immediately. Wrap her in a towel, blanket or something she can warm up in, you can also hold her close to you so that she can absorb your body heat. But you shouldn't warm her up very fast, e. g. with a hairdryer, it might cause a shock and can be just as fatal! Degrees above 86 Fahrenheit are too warm for hedgehogs. Apart from that, sudden fluctuations in atmospheric pressure can also cause hybernation in hedgehogs, and here, temperature doesn't count. In this latter case, you cannot do much, just catch the attempt early on. Meaning, you check on her every day. I always take my hedgie out in the evening, at around 8pm. He hasn't attempted hybernation before. Until she isn't fully recovered, I'd say check on her in the mornings too, but don't do so on the long-term, as she needs too sleep through the day to stay healthy. I hope she feels better soon! Do you have a heating lamp set up for her or something to keep the temperature up?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts