Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been reading through this fourm and I must say, it has helped me a ton! So thank you!
But I have a question, I plan on, when I get my Hedgie, to put in a tshirt for it to sleep with, so it'll feel comfortable with me. But I also want to put in my boyfriend's shirt too because he is also going to be helping me care for it, so obviously I want my Hedgie to be comfortable with him, too. The thing is, his shirts normally smells of smoke. He doesn't smoke, but his family does, and in his house. So it isn't his fault. Now, would the Hedgehog be okay with that? Will he/she just get used to it or will it strongly bother her? I mean, I guess we can always wash it hardcore or something, but that wouldn't be his normal smell.
Any suggestions? :roll:

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I personally would not put a shirt smelling of smoke in with a hedgehog. I don't smoke and quite frankly, it stinks and would be very harsh on a hedgehogs delicate sense of smell. Perhaps your boyfriend could change when he leaves his house so that he has a t-shirt that smells like him without the smoke. :)

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Welcome to HHC!

I personally would not put anything that smells like smoke in with hedgie. It's not good for us, and not good for them! It would probably be best to just handle her after washing hands very well, and trying to remove any smoke-y smells. I'm sure she'll appreciate it. :)

EDIT: Nancy totally beat me to the punch. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts