Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new on here and just wanted to intoduce myself. My name is Amber and I'm from South Fla. I just got my first Hedgehog about a week ago, loving him dearly already.

His name is Little Lebowski (Aka the little dude) :geek: I have been checking up on this forum for about a year now prior to adopting our bundle of spikey joy and have found it very helpful and most entertaining. Everyone is so creative on here with their cages and toys, it's just great!

Almost forgot to add a pic!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Oh how cute~ so I'm guessing the name is a play on The Big Lebowski?! Great movie! lol I've had my little girl for a week and a half now and just love her to death too!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving with your new hedgie! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, it sure is a great movie :) I'm excited for Thanksgiving with my little one because I've read that they really enjoy turkey and I have not been able to get him to eat any treats yet other than his meal worms!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Welcome! Very cute pic!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I AM FROM SOUTH FLORIDA TOO! :mrgreen:

I am going to get a hedgehog, but I cannot decide where to get it from. Can you tell me where you got yours?

Most of the reputable breeders in FL are hours away from South Florida.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got mine from a small breeder in Lake Worth, when I picked up Lebowski he had one sibling left, an albino male.

I'm not sure if they breed hedgehogs on a regular basis or not but if you would like I can find out if they have the one left and if they will be breeding them again.

I found them on Craigslist.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am probably going to have to wait. I am going away over Christmas, so I won't be handling it as often as I should for the age it is. I will keep the breeder in mind though.
Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I think that is a good idea. One thing I've noticed with my little one is that it is super important to handle him everyday. He is so good with me now he rarely quills into a ball, but my fiance can't even get him to unroll hehe defiantly momma's baby :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts