Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have hedgehog just got says color is Agouti couldn`t find on color chart page do you know whether it is dominant?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is what her color is her paper under color/variety says Agouti. she is a dark color dark at base of spines and cream on tips. mybee its a variety not a color? idk what it is. does anyone know what it means?

·
Registered
412 Posts
The best way for everyone to tell you her color is for you to put up a picture or two. I've never heard of Agouti--- Bryan will be able to let you know for sure what color she is when you put up some pictures of her :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
"Agouti" is a term, not a colour. It's not something we use to identify hedgehog colours, but some not-so-knowledgeable breeders still use the term to describe White-Bellied and Algerian Chocolates and Greys.

If you can post a few good pics, we can certainly do our best to help :)

Bryan

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks.

And, I would like to know, I've never heard "White-Bellied" neither. What's that color?? I know the french words color!! :oops:

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
White Belly and Algerian are the two "varieties" of color there are. Double banding and cheek patches are some of the differences that can indicate Algerian hedgies. WB hedgies do not have the cheek patches.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have pictures to post of her but i cant figure out how to upload them into the post. i made a user photoalbum called new baby girl. could you look at that to figure out her color?
thank you

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Could we get a better picture of her face, and whole body? From what I can see, she looks like an Algerian Chocolate or Algerian Grey.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts