Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I cleaned my hedgie's wheel two days ago and didn't notice that I had tucked his litter under it in such a way that it wouldn't turn. I now just realize tonight after reviewing footage of him that for the past two days he hasn't been able to wheel, and he's gotten on the wheel 1-2 times to try it these past couple of days with it not working.
I thought that the cleanliness of the wheel was strange but I didn't bother to check if it was operating properly and I feel so bad! He is about a year old and very active. I've looked him over and he seems fine health wise, perfect with his appetite as well, just wasn't really able to exercise these past couple days and he has been napping the majority of the night (due to not being able to use the wheel, I guess).

My question is, will my baby be okay? And will he learn that the wheel isn't broken once I fix the situation and go back to his wheeling ways? Here's a picture of his setup for reference. I try to keep it as enriching as I can. It's 6.5 square feet. The corner hide has been replaced by my makeshift dig box as he didn't like it.
Textile Rectangle Art Pillow Shelving
Product Green Textile Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
17 Posts
He will be ok! Especially since you have other fun activities for him. Also, his cage is definitely big enough to run around, so he probably was still running, just not on his wheel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
He will be ok! Especially since you have other fun activities for him. Also, his cage is definitely big enough to run around, so he probably was still running, just not on his wheel.
Thanks! I hope he will return back to his normal routine! He just started running on his wheel today. I'm so relieved!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts