Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am desperate need of help with my hedgie. I went on an internship of 4 months and left my hedgie in the care of my fiance. He gave him baths but that was really the only thing he did with Grayson. When I finally came home I had a very angry hedgehog and he would not let me pick him up or even pet him. I talk to him and that seems like the only thing he responds nicely to.

Any movement he rolls up and hisses, he hisses a a lot. I am just worried I don't want to just let him be so angry all the time.

I am not sure what else to do besides getting him out and just letting him be while im around.:confused:

any suggestions I would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Time & lots of patience. My little beast had been re homed 3 times before she came to me and needed a lot of work. I Macedonia her cage into my room close to my bed and talked & sang silly songs to her all the time so she got used to the sound and tone of my voice. I also work, and do home work a lot on my bed @ night do I started bringing her on the bed with me to play. She loves it to this day. She tunnels and nests explored the pillow cases and the best part, she imprints on my scent and pheromones and associated that smell with good stuff. Now I can't keep her off me :) and the sound of my voice isn't asociated with fear but with security. She loves to nap on my bare feet if she falles asleep. Your hog will come around!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you I really appreciate it! I will work hard to get him used to me again, Today while I fed him I was able to slowly pet him he huffed a little but just stayed there and I talked to him while I pet him, so that is a start!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts