Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went and bought supplies for my c & C cage. I was able to find grids that are 14x14. I set it up in a square using 8 of them. A real nice roomy area. I also bought a flying saucer wheel, 12 in from Petsmart. Here is my problem. I cannot yet find Coroplast. Is there something else I could use for the bottom and up a few inches on the side instead of that? Any suggestions would be appreciate. I am trying to improvise with any suggestions. Even if I can buy the Coroplast I would need a 41"x41" sheet to make sure that the inside would go up approx 5 1/2"-6" on all sides. Are we talking really expensive here?

·
Registered
581 Posts
around here it is $25 for a 4' x 8' sheet....have you tried calling sign companies?....most will even pre-cut and score it for you if you give them the dimensions.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Maybe you can get some vinyl flooring, they have some that are in big sheets not squares.

·
Registered
508 Posts
i made a c&c cage a wile ago (dont have it anymore) and i found coroplast at a sign store, 20 bucks for a big sheet, i even had extra when i was done. i think the place was called
sign-o-rama? something like that anyways. :)

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Rona if you are in Canada, or Home Depot sells coroplast. In Canada it is $15 per 4' x 8' sheet so would be cheaper in the US. It comes in many colours. Sign stores also sell it.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
I was searching on the Home Depot website for coroplast, and it didn't come up with a result. Would it go under a different name or something?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Where do you live? I live in BC and I just bought a piece that is 4x8 for 25.00 at Rona. I will post pictures of my cages later tonight

·
Registered
124 Posts
Have you tried looking up your area on the cavycages.com site to find coroplast? They have a database where people can add where they found it and how much it was.
http://www.guineapigcages.com/where.htm

When I called sign stores, one wanted $80+ dollars for one sheet, which was totally rediculous. Luckily, some other stores I called gave me the name and number of a local plastic manufacturer, so I went there and got a blue 4'x7' sheet for around $14. But, I realize I got lucky and not everyone has a plastics manufacturer close to them, but you could always check the yellow pages just in case!

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Thanks, Heather! I'll try the website and see if it comes up with anything. :)

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Well, there's no stores nearby me, but there's one in Traverse City, and my mom and I are going to be going there in a couple of weeks for a scrapbooking thing, so I think I could get some then! :) Thanks again for the link!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts