Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:roll: I don't know if it's normal but my Prickles doesn't like it if you pet/pick her up. Is this norm?!?!? :oops:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Re: Help!

You just have to be persistent. If you leave her alone when she huffs up then she thinks that she has scared you off because she is so fearsome...you have to go ahead and handle her anyway, most of the time a grumpy hedgie will come around, you just have to let them get used to your scent and learn that you are friend not foe. One trick is to get a bonding sack and let her sleep in it on you so she get used to your smell. You can also "bribe" her with a big juicy mealie or two. At any rate, just hang in there and while she may never be a cuddler, she will most likely eventually let you handle her without much fuss....Best of luck

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Re: Help!

Might I make a suggestion. When I read this thread title I thought you may have had an emergency. You might get a better response if you used something like "grumpy hedgehog help" or something similar.

It also sounds like from your post that you haven't read much about hedgehog behavior as hedgehogs who don't want to be picked up aren't that uncommon especially if they are new to you.. I suggest using the search feature and looking for grumpy hedgehogs. There are lots of posts on here about how to help socialize your hedgehog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts