Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, today I was holding my 3 year old female hedgehog Leni, when I noticed she had an unusual bump on her leg after she had pooped. I think it might’ve appeared overnight because yesterday I was playing with her and I hadn’t seen anything out of the ordinary. I have no idea what it is or what it might be caused by since I haven’t changed anything in her diet or her bedding and I haven’t let her outside in the last month. Her behaviour hasn’t changed and she is still eating and drinking properly, however, I don’t know if I should get her to the vet since it doesn’t look like it bothers/hurts her but I don’t want it to get worse and regret not treating it earlier. Please answer fast, I’m very worried :(( View attachment 95184 View attachment 95185 View attachment 95186 View attachment 95187

·
Administrator
3,603 Posts
Its time for a veterinary visit. Hedgehogs are highly prone to tumors. Its best to have a vet check it out to determine if its a tumor, or something else.

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
470 Posts
How is she doing now? Did you get to a vet?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts