Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I went to get Kiwi out of his cage, I noticed his little, front right paw. It's just a little red circle. I've tried getting a picture, but he won't let me. It doesn't seem to be bothering him. He walks on it normally. I just gave him a bath, to help avoid infection. He will let me touch it, so I don't think it's hurting him. I just want to know what I should do. Any advice?

·
Registered
40 Posts
A picture would of course be helpful - but since he's so uncooperative then I think any of us gotta wait for one. Haha.

Currently just monitor him and his behavior (e.g. food and water intake, sleeping, breathing, walking etc)

Worse come to worse - ringworm (since you said circle) but there's no signs so far of it except a red circle.

I'm not an expert so we should wait for more experienced people to advise :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It looks more like a cut. I think that he ran a lot on his wheel, and it made a little cut. I'm not sure. I did take his wheel out, though. What are the signs of ringworm? How do they get it?

·
Registered
359 Posts
You can wash it and put a dab of Polysporin or Neosporin on it. Just make sure it's NOT the Pain Relief or Extra Strength kind.

If you do, just keep a eye on him and the cut. I've heard it could encourage some hogs to mess with it and aggravate it, on the foot area. I've used it a couple times and never had that issue but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

That's just a option but if it's Tiny cut like you say, I'm sure it will be fine if you just keep it clean. It should heal fairly quick :).

·
Registered
944 Posts
What kind of wheel do you have?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts