Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.amazon.com/ReptTemp-Thermost ... 429&sr=1-1

this is the thermostat i have

and im using 150 watts lamp

in a 30 gallon tank

room remp is 17.8c and tank temp is only 23c

question is....my thermostat...i cant get it any higher then 5-6celcious higher than room temp....

im reading with a 150w lamp it should be able to go 12 celcious higher then room temp...

did i set up my thermostat wrong??

its set to the lowest setting and its staying at 5-6c above and when i set it to high its still staying at 5-6c

the green light is ALWAYS on never turns off

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
at this point i think my lamp is broken since the thermostat is always on therefore the heater should always be on

suggestions?

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
At the lowest setting it should be off with green light off. At the highest it should always be on with green light on. Using a 150 watt emitter with a tank, you should have no trouble getting the temperature up high in fact, a 150 might be too much.

Try plugging a lamp into the extra outlet on it and see if the lamp comes on or off as you turn the dial.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
150watt was never ever able to boost the temp anywhere above 28 celcious even on a hot summer day

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also, i wasnt able to leave my hand under the lamp for over 20 seconds before now it just feels warm.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
It sounds like either the thermostat or the emitter is defective. A 150 should heat up quickly. The fact that it does turn off if you turn the dial, makes me wonder if its the emitter that is defective. If the thermostat wasn't working, but the emitter was, the cage would continue getting hotter and hotter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i got a new 150w che....still 23celcious..........could it b the lamp??? the che holder

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Hmmmm. Does your lamp fixture have an on/off switch or does it have a rheostat dial? If an on and off, I don't know how it could be the fixture because it would be either off or on. If it has a dial, that is probably the culprit and turning the dial up full will give full power to the emitter.

I would think it must be the thermostat itself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so try getting a new thermostat next? okie dokie

the lamp fixture does have an on and off but no rheo. its a flukers 10 inch

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well im not sure exactly whats wrong...but i trying to position the lamp differently and see if that helps...i tried changing the bulb and its a little bit better. next will be the thermostat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts