Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! When I got home today, I noticed that both of Bean's heat lamps were completely cold. I've been using the same zilla thermostat for 3+ years and have never had any problems, but I'm wondering if maybe it died? The green and red lights are both on, but it's just not doing anything. The lamps are both functional when plugged into the wall on their own, so I know they aren't the issue (and actually I just had to replace one of them the other day because something in the power switch somehow burnt through the plastic? :-?). So that being said, are there any troubleshooting tips you'd recommend before I completely toss the thermostat?

I'm going to go ahead and order a replacement on amazon since none of the stores near me seem to have it in stock. However, the earliest delivery time is Thursday :( The temperature in Bean's cage is about 68-70 degrees F atm .... any tips to keep the little guy warm until the new thermostat gets here or until I figure out how to fix this one? I have one lamp plugged into the wall on its own right now, but I'm nervous to do that long-term since there won't be any temperature regulation. My house is heated, but I wouldn't be surprised if the temperature drops a little more more tonight though because Bean's cage is on the ground right next to the window... Should I keep one lamp on? Cover the lid with a blanket? I've never had this kind of issue before so I really want to make sure he doesn't get too chilly.

EDIT: okay so I actually can't find the same zilla thermostat on amazon... this one looks almost exactly the same so I'm wondering if I should go for it? or there's this other zilla one

1 - 1 of 1 Posts