Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my new baby is 5 weeks and during the night he tried to squeeze through the bars of the cage. He ended up getting stuck in between teo of the top bars and when we found him we were able to get him out, but his tongue was very swollen. Im assuming the circulation was cut for awhile while he was stuck. I am really upset and worried. Should i bring him to a vet? Or do you think the swelling with go down? He seemed ok, he was scared for a minute but he came out in my hand and crawled into his favourite blanket when we put him near it. His tongue is still swollen and its been a couple hours since we got him out, but it was really swollen. Im afraid that if it doesnt go down soon he wont be able to eat or drink today and i dont know what to do. We just got him a week ago and im very scared for him.

·
Premium Member
8,486 Posts
If its not gone down by now I would get him to the vet ASAP. As long as his tongue is swollen he can't eat or drink properly and babies needs to be able to eat a lot of food and get dehydrated quickly. Are you sure about his age? Babies shouldn't be weaned until 6 weeks and if he's 5 weeks old now and you've had him a week he would have only be 4 weeks old which is way to early to be weaned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not 100% on his age, but the breeder told us that they are bith 4 weeks old when we got them. Everything seems good now, the swelling was completely gone by the end of the day, qnd hes been eating/drinking and running around as usual

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.