Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
I have one female hedgehog named Remi
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remis weight has been up and down and I thought it was getting better until it went from 318 to 291! I’ve noticed not as much feces on her wheel, although she is litter box trained so that might be why. But I haven’t heard her running as I often wake up in the middle of the night. She doesn’t eat all of her food. It was recently changed from a food that wasn’t the best to a mix of Chicken Soup for the Soul and Halo. I feed her mealworms pretty often too, dead and alive. Her feces looks normal and she has been using her litter box. When I have her out she seems fine. I’ll post a picture of her from above and maybe someone could help me decipher if she is underweight or not? I’m getting worried! Please help

· Registered
5 Posts
I don't really know what to say to help since i'm a pretty new to owning a hedgehog, but did see somewhere something about when changing their food to something new. I remember that it said that to slowly introduce it to them by mixing it in with what they usually have making that amount smaller and smaller until all there eating is the new food your having her eat. Sorry that I'm not very helpful!! :(

· Registered
I have one female hedgehog named Remi
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update and bumping this up a little. Remis got a vet appointment for Monday. I heard her running on her wheel for just a little bit last night, we'll see what the vet says 🤷‍♀️

1 - 5 of 5 Posts