Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Re: HELP PLEASE lost hedgehog

What lilysmommy said about your other animals being able to find your hedgie before you is very true. If you still haven't been able to locate your hedgie, as a last resort, I would suggest putting your dog on a leash (and muzzle if you have one) and walking him/her around the house and letting him/her sniff out the hedgie. As long as you make sure your dog is under control and can't get at the hedgie, his/her nose may be an excellent tool to find your hedgie. Obviously this is a bit risky and I wouldn't want your dog to get at your hedgie so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. My dog is very well behaved around my hedgies and always backs away when I tell her to, so if my hedgies were lost and I need some help finding them I would consider using her. Even if you just use your dog to figure out the general area your hedgie is in, it might help. Just a thought!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.