Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So my hedgehog has spent the past week with a female in his cage for breeding. She left about two days ago and I noticed yesterday that he had some liquid stool in his cage. It was only in one spot and there was some solid stool too so I wasn't too concerned. I completely cleaned out his cage, scrubbed his wheel and igloo, and put new bedding and a new fleece sack and blanket in there for him. He is eating, drinking, and running on his wheel normally but tonight I noticed his stool was still liquid but that it was a forest green color. Naturally I freaked out. Other than the female coming and going, there have been no significant changes to his lifestyle. The female hedgie is doing fine so I'm not sure if it's some sort of illness or stress related poop. I bred him about a year ago and did not have this happen (of course he was a little younger at the time). He is not dehydrated. Additionally, there aren't really any exotic vets near where I live so I would have to travel a fair distance to see one. How long should I wait before I see a vet? I'm not sure how long stress poops last as it has never happened before however he is acting normally. I have the capability to run a fecal sample on him (I work at a wildlife center) if I need to. Any recommendations? I'm a little lost..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts