Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hedgehog has a black lump in her chest. I'm not sure how long she has had it. She never lets me see her stomach and this is the first day she came out of her ball when I held her. I won't be able to get in to the vet for a while. I need opinions. I'm very worried. She is acting fine. She's about 7 months old.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Not sure what that is, but it does not look good. I'm sure that needs vet attention sooner rather than later. How long is a while before you can go to the vet? I would make it a priority to get there asap. The longer you wait, the harder it may be to treat it. And the harder something is to treat the more expensive it's likely to be.

·
Registered
165 Posts
A trip to the vet is what you need none of us on here are vets (I could be wrong about that) so we can't really help with this all we can say is get to a vet that does not look good and she needs vet care ASAP

·
Registered
165 Posts
No one can say for sure if its contagious you should separate them just in case, you need to contact that vet ASAP and tell them you need to get in OR find another exotic pets vet close or a little far away you can't wait she needs vet care.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone for the support! I talked to one of my knowledgable hedgehog friends and she said it was an infected self mutilation wound and antibiotics should clear it up. I'm still taking her to the vet asap to make sure they are no internal causes that are causing her to self mutilate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts