Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter is coming and I will need a way to heat my hedgehog’s cage. I have seen posts on how to heat a Sterilight/Rubbermaid storage tub, but I need a way to heat a wire rabbit cage. Would I heat it the same way or a different way? Please let me know what is recommended asap.

Here are the measurements of Herisson’s cage:
32 inches long
23 inches wide
26 inches high

·
Registered
408 Posts
Re: I need a way to heat my cage soon!

I think a human heating pad, but space heaters r ok for ur situation.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts

A ceramic heat emitter with a thermostat will work with a wire topped cage. It must be controlled by a thermostat to control the heat output. I use this type of setup with my rescue that are in quarantine in the living or dining room and it works great. :)

·
Registered
408 Posts

Nancy said:
A ceramic heat emitter with a thermostat will work with a wire topped cage. It must be controlled by a thermostat to control the heat output. I use this type of setup with my rescue that are in quarantine in the living or dining room and it works great. :)
omg where can u get those ones? i didn't kno they made em.

·
Registered
14 Posts

With my wire cage I use a radiant heat panel. They are generally used in reptile set-ups, but it works great for my hedge. They can be very expensive though.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts

Hathery said:
These are the heat panels that I use http://www.pro-products.com/proheat.html
Can you tell more about this option. It looks interesting. How large a cage will they heat? Where can you buy them, do the petstores sell them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts