Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so today when i woke Bonzo up to come out of his cage he pooped as usual. However, his poop was green and slimy and when i poked it with a tissue, it seemed to have a jello type of consistancy. Everything else seems fine though. Then he pooped one more time and this poop was like all his other normal ones. I called the vet and the receptionist didnt know anything and said i would have to come in. [i called a vet that deals with hedgehogs, dont worry. theyre on this site]. Could there be something wrong? It was only one and then the other poop was normal. Im worried.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
There's no REAL reason to panic yet. You JUST changed the cage, and sometimes, hedgehogs react to the stress of change by scaring us with green jello poop.

Once you get a hold of the vet, you can talk to them about it(And if you're really worried, and the vet agrees, then take your hedgie in for a check up). In the meantime, just keep an eye on him, stock up on a can of pumpkin, and just watch. It's most likely just stress from the change though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay, phew i was worried but then i remembered that i just him a new cage so it should be fine, thanks everyone!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts