Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Willow since she was 7 weeks old, she's now 6 months and 3 days. She's never given me problems with eating, Her favorite times are playtime and at night when she eats. For the past 3 days I've seen no difference in her food bowl, the same exact amount every morning. Yesterday I force fed her a couple pieces of her food. Take in mind it's the same food she's had her whole life, (I get it from the breeder) and she just won't eat. After a while of putting pieces in her mouth yesterday, she'd chew it up and then spit it back in my hand and I don't know what to do. I'm currently forcing her mouth open and feeding her lettuce (the only snack she doesn't hate she's really picky) but I feel so mean because she freaks out and tries to push my hands away. She's still really active just won't eat. :( HELP!

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
What kind of food is it? How old is the bag you have? It could be the food is going stale and you need a new bag. If it's not that, try wetting the food down & see if she's willing to eat it when it's softer. If she is, it could indicate a problem with her teeth/mouth that requires a vet visit.

Because she's not eating on her own, you need to syringe-feed her, not just try to make her eat pieces of food. That's not going to work, as you're finding. Syringe-feeding isn't always easier, but it should be more effective at getting food into her. Here's our sticky on syringe-feeding - http://www.hedgehogcentral.com/foru...yringing-tutorial-syringe-feeding-sticky.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts