Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I live in an apartment and have been having mice issues. It has not been fun. They leave a mess 馃挬 I noticed that when I visit family for holidays and return, there is no mouse poop. But the next day I鈥檒l find a poop or hear it run and hide. I鈥檝e finally realized it鈥檚 my hedgehog that is attracting it! Either her food, her urine, or just her in general. I鈥檓 pretty sure it鈥檚 her food. I keep the main bag in a sealed container so I think it鈥檚 her dish. I can鈥檛 put her dish away at night when mice are most active because that鈥檚 when she eats, so I am not really sure what to do. I wanted to see what you guys had for ideas! Have you ever had this problem?

Registered
I have not had this problem, but I would suggest trying to find any small holes in the walls/ under cupboards that the mice may be entering through and closing them off. If this fails, you could always try mouse traps. If this is still an issue, you could talk to your landlord about other options or find a place to move your hedgehog cage and food that they cannot gain access to. Good luck!

Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly with me but huffy with others.
I have never had this problem either.

Could your hog maybe stay at a friend or family for 1or 2 nights while you stay there to run a test? One night have some the food out and see if the mice come out while your hog isnt there, then if they don't you can rule out the food dish.

Definitely see if you can see any mouse like holes they could be using to get in and block them off.

Might sound strange but just rules out everything, are you sure its not your hog getting out in the night?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts