Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my girl yona has been eating a tad less, and has had some darker colored urine than normal. Today, during belly rubs, i noticed she had a brown discharge substance coming from her lady parts. I have included photos, can someone please help.
Hand Eye Vertebrate Human body Fawn
Hand Leg Beard Finger Insect

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,197 Posts
Honestly the best way to help would be to het a vet.
Not many people on here will know, and we are not vets, we also can't do any examinations or test to help you.

It could be something simple like a urine infection or something a lot more serious.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly the best way to help would be to het a vet.
Not many people on here will know, and we are not vets, we also can't do any examinations or test to help you.

It could be something simple like a urine infection or something a lot more serious.
Already have an appointment set, I was just wondering if anyone on here had experienced this before and knew what it was.

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
573 Posts
My hedgehog had the same problem, her uterus had 2 tumors that weighed 50 grams and it was an extremely aggressive spay. She recovered great! Don't worry

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
573 Posts
I'm glad I could help! Yes, my hedgehog had an aggressive cancerous (don't freak out, cancer is just when the cells mutate in a way they are not supposed to) tumor in her uterus, 2, in fact. She recovered amazingly and is great now! Hedgehogs are very resilient and she did great. I'm sure your buddy will do great too! If it's any consolation, my hedgie's uterus was about 10x bigger than it should have been and she is healthy as can be now :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts