Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is Jacqueline from b-more and i just wanted to say hi because im getting my hedgie soon. I have been a forum stalker for a while. Making sure i can get needed info and i would just like to say thank you so much! I'm really exited my boy is going to be a xmas present from my mom(13) he.he. :D With this little intro i do have a question. When going to go get your hedgie from the breeder is it acquard? That might not be a good question but im a little anti-social! Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi there,

How exciting for your new hedgie!
My experience with the breeder was great! I had my sister and my 5 1/2 month old niece with me too. It was actually nice to have someone with me because my sister (who did a bit of research too because she's known my love of hegies forever now!) asked some questions that I didn't think of and gave me different perspectives. The breeders were very welcoming and we got to meet all sorts of hedgehogs of different sizes/ages and personalities. So we were able to see the approximate size my baby was going to be when she's full grown and meet a grumpy hedgehog just to see what all the hissing/popping that everyone talks about was really all about! Overall, I had a great experience and plan to keep in contact with the breeder since they loved my little Miss Muffet! I would say just read up on all of the basics on here so you you are prepared when you meet the breeder and think ahead of any questions you may have. Also I'm sure your mom will be there with you and maybe bring a friend along so you're more comfortable. But honestly- you have nothing to worry about.

Congrats again. :D

·
Registered
902 Posts
Welcome! How exciting to know you are getting one!

I'm fairly anti-social as well (depends on the situation) but the gal I got mine from was just pouring out information to me so I didn't have to put forth much effort. She just kept talking and giving me things for him, it was like packing for a trip, ha! I had also already read up on hedgehogs a bit so I felt more comfortable as the things she was telling me already sounded familiar. She was very nice and friendly and knowledgeable, it put me at ease. I went back a second time when I purchased Whyte and it was her husband giving me the hedgehog; he was quieter but he knew I already purchased from them, that she had already given me information the first time, so he pretty much just helped me pack up the second hedgehog and out the door I went. I appreciated that as I really get so nervous-withdrawn in front of new people. All in all I'd say the happiness of seeing your little one in front of you overshadows the nervousness of being with someone new.

Best wishes!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi! I'm from baltimore too! are you getting him from Stasi? If so, you shouldn't have a problem. it was a little awkward in that here you are holding your new hedgie and you're worried about making a mistake handling them in front of her but she is very good about helping you learn the best ways to hold them and answering all your questions.

I found it to be helpful in making a list of the questions you want to ask beforehand b/c as soon as you see your baby your mind goes blank and you won't be able to remember any of it.

also, if you are getting your hedgie from Stasi, she does this intro to hedgies once in a while and I found that helped a lot in learning about general things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts