Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!

I'm a lerker and decided to join up! I don't have a hedgehog yet and I'm doing as much research I can until I commit to buy one. They are so cute and they don't have dander! yay!~ I can see from everyone here that you guys really love these little guys~! Hope I can own one of my own soon!~ Perhaps a little boy!~

~ten_ten

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nancy said:
Welcome to HHC. :)

I hate to say this but yes they do have dander. In fact, hedgehogs are prone to dry skin so many tend to have more than other small animals of the same size. :( They are not hypo allergenic as some sites state.
O wow I did not know that! I forgot which site I saw that on but thanks for the heads up. Do you know if their dander is different from (for say) a rabbit? And would you advise me to hold one and see if the hedgie makes my nose run haha?

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
huh wow thats really interesting. I wonder what makes some people alergic and others not? I'll have to find someone interested in keeping him for me if I am allergic. I live really far away from the nearest store that has a hedgehog T.T

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
O wow nancy that's alot of allergies! I totally get the flower/pollen thing. For me I mostly get allergic to anything with really long hair. I have 2 short haired dogs that live inside and I'm fine with them. I have a rabbit too but he lives outside and when i change his cage i have to shower to get all the rabbit essence off of me haha! or else i'd be sad :? !

I'll have to visit some hedgies before I decide to buy one~!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.