Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have had my hedgehog a little over a month now and when i first got her wheel, she was using it every night because there was "evidence" in the morning. For the last two weeks she has not been using it. She has been eating drinking and pooping, but no longer on her wheel. Her nails are clipped, there is enough heat. So i dont know what else...
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No everything has been the same. Was cleaning it the same, in the same position, no light, i played around with the heat, nothing. she doesnt like it when i put her on either, she just freaks out and runs off or slides around on it.

Registered
Do you use a light schedule and is there complete darkness in her cage at night? I had to use a red heat lamp temporarily for one night because the CHE was damaged and my boy didn't run at all that night because the red heat lamp emits light still ><. This is the only time he has never run! The following night I out in a new CHE and he was back to normal...

Also the light schedule (use artificial light shining in their cage) helps get them in a routine of when to wake up and when to sleep. When I first got my boy I didn't use one and he'd wake up at all sorts of time and sleep most of the night. I started a light schedule and now he's up most the night and sleeps/hides all day!

Only other thing I could suggest is, have you tried tilting the wheel back? When my boy first used his CSBW he'd skid around on it and fall out a lot. I tilted it back quite a bit and could hear him run more stable and continuously. Try that if you haven't already and over time you can tilt it back so it is just straight once she gets the hang of it. Also try leaving her favourite treat on the wheel and she'll find it during the night and it might tempt her to run on it again :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts