Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Fiance and I adopted Princess Quillia about a week ago. She is just over 10 weeks old and has a shy personality (according to to the breeder where we got her from). Of course the first few weeks we expected her to be nervous around me when trying to establish a bond. I try to give her the freeze dried Mealworms I bought at petco for treats every time she comes out of her ball and explores a little, but she just sniffs and and moves on like i never offered her something. Is it just because shes shy? Would another option for treats maybe work? :confused:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Try canned ones or live ones if you aren't too squeamish. My hedgie wont touch dried mealies period. only soft canned or live. There's also an approved treat list sticky on here somewhere I believe that you can print out and put on the fridge :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yup, try the live ones -- you may find she goes nuts over them! Some hedgehogs (like my own) think it is Christmas every time a mealworm is presented :)

Ask for the live ones -- 50 should cost you about $2.00

·
Registered
10 Posts
My hedgehog never ate anything but her cat food and I tried pretty regularly for four years. No insects, no fruit, no veg, nothing but her cat food. Basically don't feel bad if yours is never interested, some hedgehogs are just picky (but really I'm just guessing that's true because mine was :roll:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts