Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cosmos is 5 months and I just got him so we are still figuring each other out.
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my hedgehog from a breeder a little over a week ago. I haven't held him much because I'm a little nervous still and I dont want him to sense it. However when I go to his cage he hops out of his wheel and runs to me, or if hes not in his wheel he comes and turns around and lays his quills flat like he is telling me its okay. And he doesnt sleep in a ball, so I'm assuming he is really comfortable. Am I hurting things like bonding not picking him up yet? And do you think his anxiousness to be held (if thats what is being displayed) will overshadow him sensing my nervousness? I dont even know what Im scared of, honestly..

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Sounds like you lucked out and got an extra friendly one. Even if you're nervous, you need to try to hold your hedgehog every night. It doesn't get easier until you start doing it. But once you get the hang of it, you're going to have a great time with such a friendly little guy. Good luck and let us know if you have more questions :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my hedgehog from a reproducer barely seven days prior. I haven't held him much since I'm somewhat anxious still and I dont maintain that he should detect it. Anyway when I go to his enclosure he jumps out of his haggle to me, or then again on the off chance that hes not in his wheel he comes and pivots and lays his plumes level like he is letting me know its alright.

·
Registered
I have one female hedgehog named Remi
63 Posts
It really does get easier with time. My hedgehog was not nearly that comfortable when I first got here but after I started handling more and more it becomes a lot easier. You’ll get used to the quills!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts