Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I noticed that this was an old topic, but since MurE dug it up, I thought I'd put in my 2 cents. =)

I find Etsy to have the best selection of stuff where you can easily message people to get things customized (i.e. larger, smaller, seamless etc.). I have also searched around for bags, and I like the ones that come from here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/clairepartlow
What I like about her bags is that the inside lining does NOT detach from the outside fabric (i.e. they are sewn together). That way when my hedgie digs, he doesn't pull the bag inside out. =D

On another note, I have also bought fun cubes from this person here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Friends4Fuzzies
I bought the medium ones and asked for seamless cubes with bigger holes. My guy loves to sleep in them when it's hot out. =D It's kinda like a soft igloo.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey MurE, I just realized that your blog is the one that I've been following since you got Poggles! When I was doing research on getting a hedgehog, I came across your blog and thought he was just adorable. I also loved the liners and the cute dome you made. =)

As for clairepartlow's bags, the seams are hidden, and since I have limited knowledge of sewing, I don't know how she does it. :lol: That's a good point about how they can create a nest if the walls aren't attached. I usually just toss in a small square of fleece and Tank uses it as a blanket.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I do not have a blog, but I do have some pictures lying around, although sometimes it's hard to get him to hold still. =D

This is a few weeks ago:
[attachment=1:mj10fzht]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341529119.086826.jpg[/attachment:mj10fzht]

And to stay on topic, here's him in his sack from claire, that's tucked into a large cube =D :
[attachment=0:mj10fzht]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341529256.626671.jpg[/attachment:mj10fzht]

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Haha! Don't be fooled. Tank has what I called "scaredy cat" complex that I'm working on fixing. He gets scared easily and when he's on his wheel, he freezes so it makes it easy to take pictures. lol He's afraid of many things (especially giants that just want to cuddle ;)), but he also relaxes and will completely splat anywhere when he feels safe. So far it's been a slow (but enjoyable) one step at a time process.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the tutorial! I might try that, although I'm not very good with the sewing machine.

When I bought my sacks from etsy, I also custom ordered ones that were larger, 9" x 9". Tank likes the larger ones better, but I think it's just cause he's a big boy that needs lots of room. =)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oh I didn't know that. Tank can lie in the bag, curl up, turn around and splat. lol When he's in it completely, there's about 2 inches of space along the length and width.

However he is currently only around 5 months old, do they get much bigger? If he outgrows them, I will definitely purchase bigger ones.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, thanks for the advice. =D I am looking into ordering bigger sacks now. lol. I think I have a problem, I can't stop buying stuff for my hedgie! It's an addiction, everytime I see something cute that I he'd like, I buy it. D=

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.